Wednesday, August 13, 2008

YAHOOOO!!!

Finally!! I was wearing out the refresh button on my email today.  I was so hoping that since we did not receive an email from Chris yesterday that today would be the day, and it was, yippee!
I was so excited to get his email today and read about how he is loving it in the CTM(thats what they call it there, they say things in reverse).
I was expecting a short little, hey mom, all is well type email and to my delight it was one and a half pages long. He had alot to say and lots of our questions to answer and he did a great job.  For all of you that signed up on his email list, I am having technical difficulties with it and hope to be able to figure it out so that I can forward his letters on to you.  He really should have started my computer lessons a bit earlier because I did not learn near enough to be troubleshooting.
Chris was able to go to the Camphinas Temple today and said that is was "amazing". Next week they go to the Sau Paulo temple.  I can't wait to hear how he loves that temple too.
Anyway, Justin starts high school tomorrow morning and we have done NO shopping yet so I need to run to the mall.  Love ya all, bye for now.. This is Chris with his companion, Elder Arnold. He is from Cedar Hills, Crazy huh!?

 

6 comments:

Heidi Rushton said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I am so proud of Chris. I hope to get at least a few letters written to him!

Wendy said...

I'm am so happy you have heard from him! Letters and emails can sure become precious commodities.

Thanks for the flowers btw, you're a fabulous friend!

Shelby said...

That is one sharp-looking young missionary! (I'm still a bit freaked out about the "missionary" part...)

Royell Phong said...

I have to say, looking at his face he looks like he is happy to be there. It was really neat to read his letter to thanks sis. I can't wait to hear from him again! Love ya!!!

Sidney said...

Sounds like he is doing great. It's really nice to know he got there alright. Tell Justin hi for me, I miss him!

Mike Summerhays said...

oh he's growing up so fast!!