Sunday, August 17, 2008

I did it!!

Well, I taught my first of many Relief Society lessons today and I think it went well.
I was nervous but not as totally freaked out as I thought I would be.
The sisters were talkative and helpful and I ran out of time before I ran out of material, not sure if that is good or not? It did let me know that I will have to work on my wrap up skills.  When I saw that my time was (totally) up I sort of panicked.  Do I press on quickly?  Do I stop abruptly?  How do I end without sounding like an idiot and still letting them know how I feel about the subject we have just discussed? Like I said, I have some teaching skills to work on.
Thank heavens for the Spirit and for wonderful sisters that I think really are rooting for me to be successful.  And thanks to all of you for your encouragement.  As scary as it is, I CAN do it!!

Justin survived his first two days of high school.  No one stuffed him in a locker (as if he would fit), or gave him a swirly.  They were nice and he thinks he won't hate ALL his teacher!!(that is a relief).   He is just biding his time until basketball season. 

Well, after worrying about when Chris would write, Justin starting school and giving this lesson today, I will have to go.....It is a rainy cool Sabbath afternoon and I need a NAP.
Take Care.

5 comments:

tammy said...

Your life is full! Have a great nap.....

Royell Phong said...

Way to go sis. Well it was a great day for us too. We tackled taking the kids to ALL of church. They did really good! We sat be the Missionaries and they thought that was great! Joshua gave all of the song books to the missionaries. Our church members are the best I have every met! We had so many people come up to us and ask our names and say welcome it was wonderful!! Well I hope your next lesson works out great for you also! We love you!

Leslie said...

Way to go Royell, I am very excited for you. The kids will adjust quickly, just be patient. They just need to know what is expected of them and they will soon be excited to go to church each week and so will you and Adam. I am glad your ward is being so good to you, enjoy.
Love ya

kimpg3 said...

Way to go Leslie! I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it. I wish I could have been there. Love you!!!

Lois said...

Hi Leslie, It always feels good to know that the first one is over. I know you will do just fine and remember that your Heavenly Father wants you to succeed to and with his help you can do anything, but for some reason that doesn't keep the butterflys away.
Love ya and tell Justin I said hi.