Friday, August 29, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

I have recently returned from a very quick trip to Utah.  It was so much fun.  I have a friend here in Flagstaff named Tami Bendel and she was headed to Utah last Saturday and let me jump in the car with them.  I decided on Friday morning that I would come with her and we left Saturday morning!! I rode with her and her brother Tom and their niece Sandy B.   The drive was one of the highlights of the trip, they are "crazy" and we laughed until it hurt.  
Seeing what friends and family I could while there was great.  I wish I could have seen more of you(next time). I was there Sunday and just a few hours on Monday.  On Monday I had the pleasure of having lunch with Christopher's MTC companion, Elder Arnold's mom, Judy.
Don't you think that we look like we could be sisters!!  Judy Arnold is awesome and she and I could be great friends.  We ate breakfast at Kneaders and just talked about our boys and their experiences.  I am grateful for the opportunity to get to know Judy and also for her son, Elder Arnold for being there to help Chris as they learn and prepare to enter the Joao Pessoa mission area.
Well, it is off to prepare for a weekend of camping, yippee!!! NOT!  i will not complain, i will not complain, i will not complain.(sorry, i have to say that to myself once a day so i do not drive Paul nuts). I am sure it will be most enjoyable!? Maybe I will get a great picture to share on my next blog.
I hope you have all had a chance to read Chris' blog, I love it when I need a tissue to read his letters home.
http://www.elderclark.com/
 Have A Great Day - Enjoy~!

3 comments:

Royell Phong said...

I have to say that you do look like you could be sisters. I'm glad you had a great time up home. I hope you guys will get to come to the baptism. I am so thrilled, that I might have a lot of family for a visit. I'm proud of Mckenzie for giving me an excuse to have you all come. I also cry every time I read Chris' letters, then again I've been in tears a lot the last while. I look forward to hearing more from him!

Shelby said...

How great you got to meet Judy! You two do resemble each other. And what a great thing to have in common! We enjoy reading Chris's letters and are excited that he's having such a great experience there.

Kevin said...

It was all just a good excuse to have a sleep-over with Val. I think I see you more now than when you lived here (that’s a good thing though). Enjoy your camping trip in the sunflowers. Although I do not envy you, for sunflowers allergies and I go round and round.