Sunday, August 10, 2008

What Were They Thinking??

What were they thinking??  I have been given a new calling and all I can say is, "What were they thinking"?
I have been called to be a TEACHER in Relief Society.  A teacher? Don't they know that I am NOT a teacher...They sustained me today and I teach for the first time next Sunday, man am I freaking out our what?!  I just keep trying to tell myself that if Chris can go to a foreign country and teach the gospel to total strangers on the street then I should certainly be able to teach a room full of woman that in general are very nice people that would probably never tell me to my face that I stink at teaching. 
I guess the Lord figures I should be growing in the gospel too, and not just sitting on the sidelines(or on the back row where I love to sit).
Anyway, send me happy thoughts because I am having a small cow...

Within the next three days we will get our first letter from Chris and we are so anxious to hear from him.  Paul was looking on the computer the other day and it was 84 degrees with 94% humidity, ouch that is sticky weather.. We can not wait to hear things like: how he is dealing with the weather, does he like his companion, is the food good, does he miss his mother, are his fingers cramping up from lack of cell phone texting??  You know, things like that.  Anyway, we will keep you posted.

10 comments:

kimpg3 said...

Congratulations Leslie!!! I have always told you that you would be a great RS teacher. I know this is one of your biggest fears, (as it is mine), but as Chris says...Have faith, not fear. You are going to be great! Love you!!!

Wendy said...

This calling only shows how smart your bishopric is! Oh, how I would love to be in your class . . when you would teach here it was ALWAYS the favorite and the most spiritual. Lucky RS Ladies!!

Leslie said...

Thanks girls, sure wish you were the only two in my class. Now, that class would be awesome!!

Royell Phong said...

Hey sis sounds like your going to be a busy women! I have a feeling teaching is starting to run in the family. First Val, then Olivia and now you. I think I better stay out of the bishops office for a very long time!!! Maybe all together..lol
I wish you the best of luck with this new calling your going to do great, it's just going to take some getting use to! I'll say an extra pray for you!! We love you and can't wait to hear about Chris!! Oh yeah Mckenzie's going to be baptized on the 27th of September not the first of October due to October Conference. I hope you guys will be able to come!!

Lindsey Hansen said...

That's what I thought when they put me in the relief society presidency in my singles ward! I taught for my first time last month and I was scared to death! BUT I know that the Spirit will help you and let you know what you should say! Good Luck and I know you'll do great! :)

Heidi Rushton said...

Congrats and Good luck!! I have always been afraid of teaching Relief Society. But I have faith in you, you can do it!!

Heidi

tammy said...

Wow! Leslie! You have described one of my biggest fears. (I'm pretty sure I would never be called to the R.S presidency, so I don't have to fear that! hehehe!) In my case: Teaching a bunch of people who are way more qualified than I am to teach. You, however, have what it takes! Plus you have the right attitude!

Jaime said...

They are truly inspired. You are an awesome teacher!

Spice said...

Leslie!! That's like my dream calling. You teach like once a month, the woman listen to you and comment. It's a feel good, win-win thing. Your my hero! Enjoyit!

Lois said...

Gosh Leslie, I was surprised about your new calling, you hadn't told me about that. I know it will be scary, but I also know you'll do a good job. You used to do it in P.G. didn't you? Well guess what? I got a new calling also, I'm one of the compashionate service sisters and I'm over the funerals. So I'm a little stressed over that too. I know it will be a lot of work, but I think it will be interesting to. I'm sure hoping that no one dies for a while. Love mom