Thursday, September 4, 2008

High School Project??

Yep, Justin came home and announced his first project of his High School years!! and yes, this was it!!
This, my friends and family, is a......Purple Heather Bird!!
I know, you are wondering if I am serious and YES, I am.  This is what the english teacher gave her class as an assignment after they read a book.  They were all to create a purple heather bird.  What the heck is a purple heather bird I asked Justin and all he could say was, "Mom, I have absolutely no idea" Well, this is our interpretation of a purple heather bird and this sweet looking bird cost us an amazing $9 to create.  Oh boy, this should be an exciting first year of high school for Justin, don't you think??

As much as that project is so NOT Justin...... This picture is more like what a 14 year old freshman enjoys doing.....Driving!!
We went camping this past weekend, Yes, I did say camping.  I didn't even complain too much and it ended up being alot of fun.  Justin logged alot of time behind the wheel of our dunebuggy.  He had friends come out to our camp and he drove them all over the forest.  He is actually a pretty good driver.  I could no more drive a stick shift when I was 14 than fly to the moon, but he is a natural.  He has a bit of a lead foot like his dad and loves to take the muddy corners a bit fast with his mother in the vehicle but there was tons of muddy fun had by all.  This is what happens when Justin follows Paul on the quads and eats his dust!!
 
I am not saying that I want to camp every weekend now but I will try not to complain too much if we go every once in a while.  Life is Good~!

 
  
 

4 comments:

VidEoGaMes WitH SoMe lOve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sidney said...

cute bird Justin, real cute. I can't drive a stick to save my life. NIce job Justin.

kimpg3 said...

That is quite the High School project!!! Justin makes me so proud! Leslie, way to branch out by going camping. I'm glad to hear you had some fun. Justin does look pretty natural behing the wheel. Not to mention...He is SO cute!!!

Olivia Anne said...

You'll have too much fun! That Heather Bird is something else! :)