Monday, October 13, 2008

Missing my Missionary

 
I knew there would be letters where Chris would be having struggles.  I "know" that as he struggles, it will only make him stronger! Yes, yes, yes, I know all these things.  However, that did not make this letter any easier for this mom to read. I like to think that there are other MM's that have had these same feelings. This is one of those things I am handing to the Lord and letting Him be the one to watch over Chris.  ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS.............Chris had his first baptism this past Sunday, wow, I thought that was pretty exciting and so did he!!  Adjusting to a new culture and new surroundings is always a challenge.  He is an amazing person and I know this is just the beginning of many baptisms to come... The Church is True and.. Life Is Good~! 

6 comments:

tammy said...

I loved Chris's letter. I can't imagine being the mom of someone so far away. Knowing that you could instantly help him feel less discouraged if you could just have 10 minutes in the same room! I feel for you Leslie. What a tough mama moment!!

Royell Phong said...

Hey sis, we want to let you know how lucky you are right now. I know you probably don't feel like it since you can't help your son over come these times. I know with my heart that Heavenly Father is right there beside him!! Keep your chin up we are all praying for you guys. I was talking to Elder Smith's mother the other day and I was telling her about Chris and she said that she would put him in her prayers too!! (I thought that was really sweet) I love you and pray these hard times will pass soon and that Elder Clark will have a wonderful mission! Love ya!!!

kellieanne said...

I wouldn't be looking forward to getting letters from any of my kids that would be struggling in anything they try to do. However, growth is sure to happen for both of you.

Life is good . . .

Olivia Anne said...

Yeah it's tuff! But you have a incredibly awesome boy out there! He's doing some of the greatest work there is in this world! If you every need anything you can call me! Luv ya Les!

Chris Clark said...

eu amo você muito!!!
muito obrigado pelo seu amor e apoiar

Jaime said...

Been thinking about ya. I hope you are doing well. It sounds like Chris is doing awesome. What a great kid.

Miss you!